- Press Club |
- Upgrade of CHIC exhibition areas
- Intensification of cooperation with market partners and CHIC exhibitors for a successful market entry
- International participation at the center of the trade fair
From March 11 to 13, 2020, CHIC in Shanghai, Asia's largest trade fair for fashion and lifestyle, is all about connecting customers with the most coveted fashion market for an efficient market entry.
Already today, 80% of the extended 145,000 sqm exhibition area is already rented at the National Exhibition & Convention Center in Shanghai. Almost 1,000 exhibitors present their new collections to the expected 100,000 visitors at CHIC.
The individual fashion segments of CHIC are set up for the first time as independent areas. Defined with new titles, they focus precisely on the core values of the Chinese consumer market. Tailored to the respective requirements and market peculiarities of the individual fashion segments, they thus achieve a clear external impact and clarity in the communication and at the same time make orientation easier for trade visitors visiting the show.
"The Chinese market is developing at a rapid pace, and today China has a mature fashion market with top players, developed structures, and trend-setting consumers. CHIC's new concept reflects this market transformation, sets the trends for the future and efficiently connects with visitors to enable intercontinental business," said Mr. Chen Dapeng, president of CHIC and the China National Garment Association.
With clear stringency, the organizers are pursuing strategic marketing measures to connect exhibitors and visitors:
- Increase collaboration with Chinese KOLs and influential fashion blogs - hugely important tools to reach the Chinese consumer and push the products in the market.
- Increase cooperation with sales platforms such as TMall / Alibaba for international brands with exclusive support of the platform's Executive Sales Level to facilitate store openings there or with apps such as Little Red Book / RED (luxury app for retail with peer -to-peer approach).
- Intensification of VIP matching at the fair with retail partners like buyers from I.T, the balancing, DONGLIANG, THE FASHION Beijing SKP, Wanda, Lafayette, Yintai Group, Wangfujing Group, Suzhou Renmin Shopping Center, Xin’an Minsheng DOOR, FOSS, THE MIX- PALC3, 1WOR, magmode, WATER STONE MARKET, inxx, KIKS, P- PLUS; department stores and shopping centers like Beijing SKP, Carrefour Group. Wanda, Lafayette, Yintai Group, Wangfujing Group, Suzhou Renmin Shopping Center, Xin’an Minsheng Department Store or online platforms like NETCASE, YOHO!, The Little Red Book, VIP.com, Tmall, JD.com, Youpin, MOGU Street, Amazon, etc. Around 100 VIPS from Chinese trade will be invited to match with the exhibitors at CHIC's expense.
In the five halls of the National Exhibition and Convention Center, the exhibitors are now presenting themselves in the segments CHIC WORLDWIDE, CHIC MEN'S, CHIC WOMEN'S, CHIC WINTER'S, CHIC KIDZ, CHIC IMPULSES, CHIC YOUNG BLOOD, CHIC TAILORING, CHIC ACCESSORIES, BAGS & SHOES as well CHIC SOURCING in addition to the show-in-shows PH Value and Preview in China from Korea.
In March, CHIC will pay special attention to the international area CHIC WORLDWIDE, which this time will be at the center of the fair at the North Entrance Hall. International niche collections are currently in great demand among Chinese consumers. They are driven by insider exclusivity that meets the need for differentiation and individuality. High quality brands that tell an authentic "story" receive special attention from them. Consumer communication via social media is an essential factor for the pull effect in the market. All CHIC promotional measures, including extensive WeChat advertising and eNewsletter promotion, support this effect.
Among the international pavilions at CHIC, Italy traditionally has the largest European participation with about 30 brands in the fashion, bags, shoes and accessories sectors. The Italian pavilion is supported by the Italian Trade Agency ITA, which carries out extensive promotional activities. France presents itself fresh and young with the "Mode in France" pavilion, with womenswear, menswear and accessories. The wine bar with French flair invites to network. The participation "Made in Germany", organized by Messe Düsseldorf as the organizing company, presents German premium fashion and accessories brands, with i.a. Affenzahn, Anne Hofmann, Desiderius, Ergobag, Fond of Bags, Gretchen, ILM, Inyati, Josef Seibel, Knirps, Leguano, Maximo, Roeckl. Korean design shows the show-in-show "Preview in China" with more than 30 brands. Individual exhibitors come from Poland, Switzerland, Singapore, Turkey, Vietnam, India, Spain etc. and show among others exclusive womenswear.
CHIC WINTER'S, the exhibition area for leather and down wear, welcomes in March again Bosideng and Copenhagen Fur. National group exhibitions from Xinji, Haining, Tongxiang and Pinghu, traditionally strong regions in leather and fur production, appear here with their respective market leaders. Top players like Balabala (Semir Group) and Eton Kidd present themselves at CHIC KIDZ. In the womenswear division CHIC WOMEN'S, the Italian-French Business Group, E-Fashion Town, Da Lang, Fu Li and Yin Ji have announced their exhibition as a joint group. Avora is represented for the third time with the brands Avrala, Thisnorthat and Chen Meihau. Even the stylish Shanghai brand Ji Xiang Yi Jia participates for the third time. Among others, a new exhibitor is Clasna, the well-known Chinese down brand that presents its womenswear line at CHIC. The Korean group participation "Fashion Insight" is represented at CHIC YOUNG BLOOD with its market-important streetwear and young fashion labels SIIJII, One Piece, Wookong, Morning Grazing, acmé de la vie etc. CHIC Men's presents Hodo and Heilan, the two most important menswear players in China. The exhibitors in CHIC TAILORING include the Wenzhou Tailoring Group, Dayang Trands etc. and the creative designer section IMPULSES shows the innovative creations of Kimusso, Cherryzhuang, Cafmere, Wow-In, Melody cashmere, King Ping, Vikki Wikki etc.
CHIC SHOWS and CHIC Talks
The latest fashion trends of the season are staged on the catwalk of the CHIC SHOWS; CHIC Talks is the platform for industry discussions, which is used intensively by exhibitors and visitors alike. Essential market information for trade and industry is offered here. CHIC Talks is an established concept that is to be expanded for the upcoming event with international media partners.